Thursday, November 27, 2008

Time for a change


Today on the way back from a speaking engagement at Ipswich I saw on a billboard:

"as one door closes, another opens"


Today Pluto tip toes into Capricorn, where it will spend the next 12 or so years, and the door closes on my dance with Pluto over the past 12 years, including an intense period of having a Pluto transit of my sun. It truly is the beginning of a new era, after a false start earlier on this year.

For months, well if I was being totally honest, since I began blogging and writing seriously, I have resisted the idea of carving my blog up into subject specific blogs I. To me it was buying too much into the idea that you have to market yourself aspect of yourself in a certain way to get an audience. The Ezine site and supporting newsletters goes as far to suggest that you alter your name to put to different articles on different subject matters. Goddess forbid that one person actually know quite a lot about a number of subjects – to be a well rounded, educated and informed individual. Marketing – bah!

I’ve clung to the idea that, what you see is what you get with me and here. It reflects the fact that I am many different people and pursue a number of different roles in life – I am a mother, a writer and a lover of books, I am an observer of life, a tippler in the weird, the wonderful and the fascinating, I’m a feminist who’s spiritual beliefs are firmly rooted in Goddess lore and the wisdom of The Artist’s Way - oh and a sucker for a blog meme. I write articles on menstruation, birth, sex, health/illness, mothering and probably half a dozen other subjects that don’t readily jump to mind right now..

But today - I guess I’ve finally given in to having to segment up this original blog - to fracture myself into separate blogs? Or am I giving each facet of my personality a chance to catch the line and shine? To allow like minded people to find me, to resonate with me work? Perhaps that's what drew me to the painting - first one to jump out at me when I typed in "change painting" into Google Images. Maybe it's telling me its ok to expose individual parts of me?

Sigh! Only the Universe knows.


As a consequence I'll begin stripping the personal content from this website and shifting some of it over onto the next website. Perhaps the rest just needs to be archived out of view? Anything that has shifted, I will provide links to.

Well I shall give it a go. After all that’s all really one can do. And since, for me, this is the path less trod … it’s probably time to go exploring here a little.

Where to go from here:

You can now find my personal musings at Shine A Little Light, which will also include my photography.


This blog here will remain my writing blog, for fiction, non fiction and other articles related to writing.


I also have Blue Melissae which is my (winning) NaNo 08 project which will have more chapter posted up over time.


And the Reclaim Sex After Birth website and associated blog.

Painting: Unknown Artist - but found at this wonderful Urban Butterfly blog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome to the dark side Jodi - once you have a few blogs - you won't know when to stop... Mwuhhh mwhuhh mwhuuhhhh....

b+ (Retire In Style Blog) said...

I find it very interesting that we find that we do write with different styles, or in my case, different sides of our brain. I love fiction, personal stories or family musing. All touchy feely and emotional. But once in a while, I find I need to write with the left side of my brain, less emotion and more facts. Hence "...the left side of my brain" http://torristravels.typepad.com. It is starting to work for me. I even have a third site that I am using to post about travel facts, etc. (http://orencostation.blogspot.com)