Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Published!

Last week I spoke about my brush with the abundance of the universe in regards to my writing. The story that I wrote, 'Demon Lover', has been accepted for online publishing and can be found here. This is a big boost to the ego for me as my past writing endeavours and submissions have been to small publications that I know wont reject my articles. This is also the first time that I have had my creative writing in a pool with others, vying for publication. It also proves I can trust in the Universe when I think that my well has run dry. It seems I do my best writing when I am challenged the greatest.

As a consequence of this turn of fate, my goal of having four things published this year seems to be more than on track than I could ever have imagined in my wildest dreams. I may even have reached it by this weekend, which seems too crazy - seeings I had only one article published (outside of my editorials for DTB) last year. To me it shows me that I made the right decision back in December to cut my ties and start anew where my heart has always wanted to play ... on the page!

It will be hard for me now to begrudge the Creative abundance of the Universe, its been a concept that I have been greatly challenged by ... I guess this was the lesson that I had to learn, but like always, it had to be show and tell.

2 comments:

Jodi Cleghorn said...

Thanks for the Paul ... you'd know just what sort of a confidence boost it is. Small beginnings seem to be quite apt, with a second helping of The Artist Way recommending baby steps.

d sinclair said...

I love the demon lover story Jodi - and you deserve all the praise and encouragement you can get... yes the Universe is a very supportive and benevolent force - you can expect the best.

Yay for Artist's Way!

btw I got my two copies of DTB yesterday and was overjoyed to see my work published there too.

you are a blessing, you know that?! x