Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Caveing



It's that time of the month when I am being drawn within ... sucked into the vortex of my own being. My energy levels dips out to just about nothing (well enough to just function and no more). My body becomes heavy and I feel as though I am being drawn down into the earth.

This is the time where I wish I could disappear off to my own little cave - or even better, a cave shared with a few other close women friends to enjoy a few days of peace, quiet, and sharing. Sigh! For some reason, even though I have read The Red Tent - I dont desire to be in a tent, I long to be surrounded by the cool, comforting embrace of the rocky earth.

This time normally lucky coincides with a weekend and I can enjoy one whole day of sleeping ... but as its a Tuesday - well that's just not possible. And to make matters worse, its a very strong dark moon all day - so la luna will not be assisting in anyway with energy spurts.

My thoughts turn inwards, despite the best effort to redirect them outwards and there is the issue of feeling fuzzy headed, that doesn't exactly facilitate clear thinking. And for the past few months, this day of fuzzy headedness as coincided with bin day and I've reversed over the bin ... thankfully bin day is tomorrow :o)

I have just one last pressing matter to attend to - the issue of mopping under my desk and giving the desk top a thorough clean before smudging the entire area. To bring this to completion, gratefully, doesn't require brain power, just a few minutes of muscle power. The introspective nature of my thoughts bodes well for finding, harnessing and then releasing all the negative energy.

The cleansing of this area is a huge achievement for someone who is an eternal procrastinator and fudger of deadlines. It will be a very purifying purge for both myself and this work space - soon to be creative space, tonight.


Artwork: Kernaling by Gerry Zeck

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely empathize, since this sounds about like how my day has gone. I hope energy levels go back up soon!

Smiler said...

From the first few words I had The Red Tent in mind it was such a powerful book that it no doubt spoke to our psyches. My confinement and disengagement from the world in all ways but here have been my way to be in my cocoon, or my cave or my well or whatever. You know as well as I do that energy fluctuations are a normal part of life. Always the ebb and flow. Instead of feeling badly about it, it might be a good idea to figure out what works best in either time, sometimes it can be a symbolic gesture more than anything. Whatever works.

I think your desk cleaning project is a great idea. Mine's a disaster but then so is everything else. Still, in the spirit of small steps, that might be an effort I can muster up the energy for. Thanks for inspiring me! :-)

Jodi Cleghorn said...

Square1: its slowly on the up and up - the amazing kick from the new moon energy is helping somewhat - though I copped it this afternoon with a head ache. my body's way of telling me to slow down and rest for a little while (which thankfully I did!)

Smiler: Glad that I have inspired you - looking forward to hearing and seeing progress on your desk clearing/space clearing project. You could bless the area in time for the Chinese New Year.

I normally dont feel bad about my energy ebb and flows - I normally really look forward to the deflating energy and knowing what it will bring with it - this time it was difficult because I didn't have the luxury to retreat to bed for half a day to sleep it off (and indulge in all the deep and insightful, crazy dreams that come at this time)

I light a candle and put on my moon necklace at the very least during this time .. and normally try and paint or do something creaive (other than writing!)