Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Good-bye Heath

It was with utter shock, followed by great sadness, the news of Heath Ledger's passing. I hadn't heard the news all day and was listening to Triple J on the way to the pet store late this arvo. They were about the discuss the Oscar nominations but said that had all been over shadowed by Heath Ledger's death. It took a while for me to really get, that he was no longer with us.

My friend Lisa years ago had the biggest crush on Heath and I remember placing a photo of him I'd found in the centre of the TV guide for that week in her pigeon hole at work, with some suggestive comments scribbled across the top. She kept it for ages - she may even have it still. I watched 10 Things I Hate About You with her, to be followed up by A Knight's Tale a few months later, with my friend Trudy while I was living in Albury. It has hard not to like him, or admire his talent and ethics as an actor.

His passing is one of those things that you just dont expect - young, vibrant, talented ... He will be sadly missed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. It's very tragic; very sad. I am not familiar with his work but I know my daughter was very upset about his passing.

Unknown said...

My husband and I both agreed he was one of the few actors that didn't get pushed into the mold of the Hollywood pretty boy. We were both shocked and saddened to here of his passing, being great admirers of "A Knight's Tale" and "The Order".

Anonymous said...

It will be strange watching his performance in the upcoming "Batman" knowing he's no longer with us.